By building your villa in Bali, the property always meets all your requirements and wishes. Of course, renovating a villa is also a way to ensure that the property meets your expectations. In both cases, designing the villa is the first step. In this guide, you read how Bali villa design works and which architects in Bali can help you design your dream home.
What does the Bali villa design process look like?
The process of coming to a Bali villa design consists of six steps.
Step 1: Find a designer or architect
The first step in your Bali villa design is to meet with a designer or architect in Bali for an initial consultation. You can share your Bali villa design ideas, budget, and other preferences at this consultation. Further in this article, we explain how to find the best villa architect in Bali.
Step 2: Concept development
In the concept development phase, the architect or designer uses the information gathered from the first consultation to create a plan for the villa. The number of rooms, layout, and unique characteristics of the villa will be outlined roughly. The architect will also consider the location’s topography, surroundings, and climate in your Bali villa design.
Step 3: Bali villa design refinement
The architect or designer will enhance the design once the idea is accepted. Detailed drawings, including elevations, plans, and sections, will be needed for this phase. The architect or designer will also specify colors, finishes, and materials during this phase.
Step 4: Finalization of plans
Construction drawings and specifications are created as part of the finalization of designs. The constructor will need them to apply for relevant permissions and begin to realize your Bali villa design. A timetable and cost estimate will be created for the planning process.
Step 5: Villa construction
Once all the details have been ironed out and the Bali villa design has been approved, the villa construction phase can begin. The builder will do preliminary excavation and site preparation before starting on the foundation, walls, or roof. During this stage, final touches like flooring, lighting, and landscaping are put in place both indoors and outdoors.
Step 6: Completion
Once the villa has been built, a last examination will be performed before it is delivered to the customer. After completing the project, the architect or designer will do a final walkthrough with the client to ensure everything fits the initial Bali villa design.
Get help with buying or building a villa in Bali
Finding an architect in Bali
When constructing a villa in Bali, hiring an experienced architect who can realize your dreams while ensuring the structure is built to last and meets all applicable building codes is essential. An expert architect will guide you through Bali’s complicated construction procedures, tailoring your Bali villa design and amenities to your tastes while showcasing the island’s distinctive natural beauty and cultural traditions.
An architect’s skill in translating your ideas into a workable Blai villa design plan is a major advantage of working with a professional. They may advise you on optimizing natural light and circulation by determining the ideal location for windows and doors. They can suggest high-quality materials and energy-efficient features that save expenses over time and are gentler on the environment.
In addition, an experienced architect working in Bali will be well-versed in the necessary permissions, rules, and norms. Their knowledge may avoid future complications and save time in your Bali villa design process. They may also advise you on handling religious and cultural norms in the area, ensuring that your villa fits in with the neighborhood.
How to find an architect who is experienced with Bali villa design?
Finding an architect with expertise in designing and developing villas in Bali might be challenging. Still, there are a few things you can do to narrow down your search:
- Do your research: Find architects experienced with Bali villa design by starting your search online. Check their qualifications and certificates, read testimonials from previous clients, and look at their portfolios.
- Search for local architects: Look for villa architects in Bali who have worked in Bali before and are familiar with the area’s environment, rules, and culture. As a bonus, they should be familiar enough with the Balinese terrain to use its distinctive qualities to inspire your villa’s design.
- Ask your network for recommendations: Talk to people who have recently constructed a villa in Bali. It’s a good approach to identify architects with a solid reputation in the area.
- Interview several architects: Once you’ve narrowed down your list of potential architects, it’s time to set up interviews so you can learn more about their Bali villa design philosophy, communication style, and work ethic in the context of your project. With this information, you can hire the best architect in Bali for your project.
- Check the results of prior clients: Verify their prior work by looking at their portfolio and talking to some of their previous customers before making a final selection. You may learn about their design philosophy, work quality, and reliability for meeting deadlines and budgets.
If you follow these guidelines, you can find an architect with prior experience with Bali villa design who can work with you to develop your ideal home.
Choosing materials for your Bali villa design
One of the most critical steps in building a villa in Bali is selecting the suitable materials. The materials used will affect the villa’s quality, durability, and sustainability. Use high-quality materials to resist the tropical environment and possible earthquakes in Bali.
Bali is an eco-conscious island, so constructing an eco-friendly villa is one way to lessen the environmental impact. Bamboo, repurposed wood, and natural stone are eco-friendly building materials that can reduce the villa’s influence on the surrounding environment.
The most qualified contractors will also have knowledge of and expertise in green construction practices. Following all applicable rules and regulations is essential, and collaborating with experts to help you design the ideal home.
5 valuable tips on how to select high-quality materials
Here are a few things to bear in mind while choosing high-quality materials for your Bali villa design that will resist the local temperature and possible earthquakes:
- Seek advice from a local expert: Contact a seasoned architect in Bali or a structural engineer who has worked on several Bali villa projects. They can advise you on which materials suit the temperature and topography and which can survive earthquakes.
- Research different materials: Look into materials with a history of withstanding extreme conditions or natural calamities. Because of its high seismic resistance, reinforced concrete is often used in Bali construction. For similar reasons, natural stones like volcanic rock are often used.
- Choose eco-friendly materials: Because of the high levels of dampness, humidity, and insects in Bali’s tropical climate, it is necessary to use materials that can withstand these elements. Pick eco-friendly and long-lasting materials like bamboo, teakwood, natural stones, and furniture.
- Check for certifications: Ensure a third party has verified the materials’ quality and safety. Check for official seals of approval from respected bodies like ASTM International, ISO, or the ICC.
- Find reliable service providers: Hire professionals in Bali who have worked with the materials you intend to use. They need to be familiar with the weather and topography of the area to install the materials correctly.
Building or buying and renovating a villa in Bali?
There are several ways to become a villa owner in Bali. You can build a new villa or buy and renovate an existing villa. Whether you build or buy a villa in Bali, both options have their benefits.
These are the most important benefits of building a new villa in Bali:
- New villas adhere to modern standards
- You can customize the villa to your needs and preferences
- There is potential for a larger size
- Building a villa in Bali can be cheaper
These are the most important benefits of buying and renovating a villa in Bali:
- Buying a villa in Bali is easier and quicker
- You pay a fixed price when buying a villa
- It’s easy to renovate and customize the villa
- Buying a villa in Bali is less risky
Building your villa in Bali may be a pleasant and exciting process that enables you to design your house based on your specific requirements and tastes. Before starting, it is essential to thoroughly analyze the project’s expenses and logistics and collaborate with qualified specialists to achieve a good result.
Find a constructor for your villa construction in Bali
When constructing a villa in Bali, finding a reliable contractor and builder who can deliver the desired results is essential. Finding the right party requires research, due diligence, and asking the right questions.
Asking for recommendations, conducting research, checking their portfolio, verifying their credentials, interviewing potential contractors, and requesting references can help you find a contractor who can bring your vision to life.
Buy or build a villa in Bali with Own Property Abroad
Do you want to buy a villa in Bali? Or are you still doubting between buying or building a villa in Bali? Own Property Abroad can assist you and ensure a seamless and hassle-free property journey. Thanks to our extensive knowledge and local experience in Bali, we can help with legal requirements, Bali villa design, finding properties, negotiating the best deals, and conducting due diligence.
With our expert team, you won’t have to navigate the complexities of the Balinese real estate market alone. For further information on how we can assist you, kindly drop your details below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Let’s start working on your property success story today!
Get help with buying or building a villa in Bali
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the average cost of building a villa in Bali?
The average cost of building a villa in Bali depends on several factors. Building a single villa costs an average of IDR 7.6 million ($494) per square meter. You can use our Bali villa construction cost calculator to calculate the building price.
How long does designing and constructing a villa in Bali typically take?
Designing and constructing a villa in Bali typically takes 12 to 24 months, depending on several factors, such as the size and complexity of the villa, the availability of materials and contractors, and the necessary permits and approvals from local authorities.
What are some popular architectural styles for villas in Bali?
Some popular architectural styles for villas in Bali include Balinese-, modern Balinese-, Javanese-, and colonial styles. Open-air living areas, high-pitched roofs, ornate carvings, and details are trademarks of Balinese-style homes. Wood, stone, and thatch enhance the traditional Balinese look and feel.