Thailand is one of the best countries for residence and real estate investment. Embrace the opportunity, and let us introduce the Thailand Elite Visa program, launched by the Tourism Authority of Thailand, which provides exclusive opportunities for foreigners to live and invest in the Land of Smiles. Throughout this article, we’ll cover Thailand Elite Visa requirements, how much the Thai Elite Visa costs, and the outline of benefits. We will also guide you through the acquisition process.
What is the Thailand Elite Visa?
Thailand Elite Visa is a privileged entry visa launched to accommodate digital nomads, business professionals, retirees, and foreign investors considering settling down and investing in real estate in the country. This long-term tourist visa allows residency for foreigners for up to 20 years, along with outstanding benefits.
What are the benefits of securing a Thai Elite Visa?
The Thailand Elite Visa offers many benefits:
- Uninterrupted stay: Unlike other visa types, Thailand’s Elite card holders can have uninterrupted stay without the obligation to leave every 90 days.
- Multiple-entry visa: The Thai Elite Visa offers a 5-year renewable multiple-entry visa with an extendable 1-year length of stay per entry.
- Support aid: The holder can request assistance from Thai Elite staff to ensure the completion of the 90-day reporting, as compelled by the Thai Immigration Authority.
- Immigration formalities: Another Thai Elite Visa benefit is accelerated immigration formalities procedures and passport processing on arrival.
- VIP services: Thai Elite Visa also offers VIP airport services, annual health check-ups, wellness therapies, and access to gyms, golf courses, and other recreational hubs.
- Tax exemption: Thailand Elite Visa includes tax residency, meaning any income earned abroad is tax-exempt.
Thailand Elite Visa requirements
The applications to obtain Thailand Elite cards are open to various people, including foreign investors, retirees, expatriates, and business owners. Applicants must meet all the Thai Elite Visa requirements cited below.
- Holder of a legal foreign passport.
- Has no record of overstay in Thailand.
- No age limit is required aside from Elite Ultimate Privilege (20 years old).
- No deportation record in any country.
- Must not have an imprisonment record.
- Not declared as a person with unsound minds, incompetence, or quasi-competence.
How much does Thailand Elite Visa cost?
The Thailand Elite Visa cost depends on the selected membership bundle. There are various packages to choose from, offering different benefits and privileges. Review the Thailand Elite Visa prices below.
|Up to 5 years
|Up to 10 years
|Up to 15 years
|20 years or more
|Multiple-entry visa validity
|5 years, and renewable for another 5 years
|5 years, and renewable for another 5 years twice (15 years in total)
|5 years, three times renewable for another 5 years (20 years in total) –
after 20 years, one can apply for another 5 years
|Price (no annual fee)
|฿ 900,000 ($25,200)
|Main applicant: ฿ 1.5 million ($42,000)
Additional applicant(s): ฿ 1 million ($28,000)
|Main applicant: ฿ 2.5 million ($70,000)
Additional applicant(s): ฿ 1.5 million ($42,000)
|฿ 5 million ($140,000)
|Privilege Points (per year)
|No age requirement
|No age requirement
|No age requirement
|No age requirement
Thailand Privilege Visa members can use their Privilege Points to redeem and maximize membership privileges such as health, spa, and wellness packages.
How to obtain a Thailand Elite Visa?
Foreigners can obtain a Thailand Elite Visa by following three steps:
- Application for Thailand Elite Visa: To apply for a Thailand Elite card, it is a requirement to submit a scanned copy of your passport, a passport-sized photo of yourself, a PDPA form, and an accomplished application form to an accredited Thailand Elite Visa agent. Thai Elite Visa processing time may take around one month for most nationalities and probably three months for special ones since the agent will still conduct immigration and criminal background checks with Thailand Privilege Head Office, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and Immigration Bureau.
- Thailand Elite Visa membership payment: Once the Thai Elite Visa application has been approved, they will send instructions on how you will pay the membership fee. The payment can be completed through bank transfers and credit card payments within 30 working days.
- Membership acceptance and issuance of Thailand Elite Visa: After verifying the payment, the Thai Elite Visa member will receive the membership ID and instructions on affixing the visa.
Can foreigners buy property in Thailand with an Elite Visa?
Foreigners with a Thai Elite Visa can buy property in Thailand. However, there are restrictions when it comes to foreign property ownership. Foreigners, even under the Thai Elite residence program, can only own condominiums under their name. In terms of buying a house or land, they have to secure a long-term lease on the land and get a construction permit to build the house.
The Elite Visa is popular for foreigners who own a condominium or a property in Thailand under a leasehold agreement. The Thai Elite Visa allows foreigners to enjoy their home in Thailand without having to leave the country.
Apply for a Thailand Elite Visa with Own Property Abroad
Are you ready to take the next big step? Choosing the best option among the outstanding membership bundles might be challenging. Look no further for guidance! Let Own Property Abroad guide you in finding a suitable membership bundle based on your preference.
For additional details on how we can help you, kindly drop your information below or email us at email@example.com.
Get help with your visa in Thailand
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How to get a Thai Elite Visa?
To get a Thai Elite Visa, consider what package you want to apply for and ensure you meet all the qualifications needed to get approved. Once you paid for the package, you’ll receive the Thai Elite Visa.
Can I buy property in Thailand with an Elite Visa?
Elite Visa members can legally buy property in Thailand but are restricted to condominiums or leasehold agreements.
How much does a Thai Elite Visa cost?
The costs for a Thai Elite Visa depend on the chosen membership package. It ranges from ฿ 900,000 ($25,200) to ฿ 2.5 million ($70,000).
Who can get a Thai Elite Visa?
Anyone can get a Thai Elite Visa, as this visa is open to foreign investors, retirees, business professionals, and those seeking residence by investment.
What is the price of a 5-year Elite Visa in Thailand?
A 5-year Elite Visa costs ฿ 900,000 ($25,200). Kindly check the article for the inclusions about the 5-year Thailand Elite Visa.