Many tourists and expats use Airbnb to find accommodation when traveling to places like Bali. The platform offers a wide range of villas, apartments, guest houses, private rooms, and other accommodations, making it easier for tourists to find a suitable place to stay during their holiday. This guide explains how to list your villa in Bali on Airbnb and rent it out to generate rental income.
How to list your property in Bali on Airbnb?
Property owners can list their villa or apartment in Bali on Airbnb within ten minutes by following these steps:
- Go to the sign-up page to create an account.
- Enter the location, amount of guests you can host, and the type of property, and click on Get Started.
- Click again on Get Started and Next to choose the type of property you want to list.
- Answer all questions in the following steps.
- Airbnb will check your property and email you once your listing is approved.
- It can take Airbnb 72 hours to show your property in the search results.
Once your property in Bali is listed on Airbnb, anyone can book. However, it might take some time before you start receiving more bookings. To increase your chances of getting more guests, encourage them to leave a review of your property, making it easier for others to find it.
Airbnb fees in Bali
It’s free to list your property in Bali on Airbnb. You only pay a fee of 3% on the subtotal price for each booking made through Airbnb. The guests pay a 14% fee on the subtotal price when booking your property as their accommodation.
Best property rental website in Bali
5 tips to attract more guests to your Airbnb villa
Here are five tips to attract more guests to your Airbnb villa in Bali:
- Ensure the first three pictures show as much of the property as possible: The first three pictures are the most important, so take high-quality images of your property. Consider hiring a professional photographer, as it will recoup the costs more than once.
- Price your villa competitively: Airbnb will automatically calculate and show the price range of identical properties in your area. It is better to start with a lower price to build a reputation by receiving more reviews.
- Respond quickly to guests: Ensure you always respond quickly to (potential) guests so they know you are reliable and attentive.
- Use social media: Post pictures and videos of your accommodation on social media. Here, you can promote your property and share information about your property.
- Offer extra perks: Differ yourself from other hosts and offer something different and extra your guests didn’t expect, like a welcome package with snacks and drinks.
Is Airbnb legal in Bali?
It is legal to list your property in Bali on Airbnb and rent it out for short-term or long-term guests. However, the Indonesian government has regulations concerning the rental of properties to tourists. In Bali, villas or properties rented to tourists should have a Pondok Wisata license. This license allows property owners to rent out their properties to tourists legally.
Property owners are also required to pay local taxes on their rental income. Additionally, it’s important to know there have been instances where local communities have expressed concerns about short-term Airbnb rentals affecting their neighborhoods. It’s essential to maintain good relations with the local community and ensure that your rental operation doesn’t disrupt the neighborhood’s peace and harmony.
Why list your villa in Bali on Airbnb?
Airbnb is a widely used platform with users all over the world. When you own a villa in Bali, listing your property on Airbnb might be wise as you expose your accommodation to many users. The platform is also great for building a reputation, as guests can leave a review after staying in your property.
Another advantage is payment handling. Guests pay on the platform, so you don’t have to handle the payment yourself. As Airbnb applies a commission-based pricing system, you don’t pay any costs for listing your property. Instead, you only pay for the guests you receive from Airbnb.
Best property rental website in Bali
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How can I list my property in Bali on Airbnb?
To list your property in Bali on Airbnb, simply create an account on the Airbnb website, click ‘Become a Host’, and follow the step-by-step instructions. Ensure you have high-quality photos of your property and a detailed description, and be aware of local regulations in Bali before listing.
How much does it cost to list my property on Airbnb?
Listing your property on Airbnb is free. However, once you receive a booking, Airbnb charges a host service fee, typically 3% to 5% of the booking amount, to cover the cost of processing the transaction.
Can foreigners rent out their villa in Bali?
Yes, foreigners can rent out their villas in Bali, but they must adhere to specific local regulations. The villa should have a Pondok Wisata license, and the property must be in a tourism-zoned area. Foreigners should also know their tax obligations when renting out their property.
Is it safe to rent my villa in Bali on Airbnb to tourists?
Renting out your villa in Bali to tourists through Airbnb is generally safe and profitable, especially if you take the necessary precautions. It’s recommended that you thoroughly screen your guests and use Airbnb’s secure payment system. To ensure safety, it’s also advisable to have security measures in place, such as surveillance cameras and secure locks, and to maintain good relations with the local community.